Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Thankful!

The Mavs are playing again!  Two of the guys are watching the Mavs and one is at the Ranger's game.  If you know my boys, you know what kid is watching what game.  

You want to hear a cool story? I talked about my dad and his barn being blown apart from the tornado that passed through Madill in April and he was featured on television. (Click here to see the news coverage video.) I saw my dad this weekend at my sister's and he told me that his church family, First Baptist in Madill, was building his barn back next month.  I want to thank Rick Clement and his buddies that are coordinating the barn raisin!  What an amazing gift to give my dad. This has been a huge burden for dad and to know that he doesn't have to worry anymore just warms my heart. Kelly and I are so thankful that he has friends and a church family that loves and cares for him so much. 

Speaking of Rick, he and his wife, Carla have been a huge inspiration to me the past couple of years as they have walked a similar journey as Pat and I are walking now.  They have both encouraged and prayed for our family and have been just a phone call away. Rick's journey began with Leukemia in February 2007 and he went to MD Anderson for a bone marrow transplant in the fall of 2009.  Recently, he had bad blood counts, so they are headed back to Houston tomorrow.  I ask that you pray for Rick and Carla as they make the trip not knowing what lies ahead.   

Again, please allow me to remind you how precious life is and that each day matters.  God has all of our days planned and He only wants us to trust Him each day.  

This is what I read in my devotion today:  "Approach each day with desire to find me.  Before you get out of bed I have already been working to prepare the path that will get you through this day. There are hidden treasures strategically placed along the way.  Some of the treasurers are trials.  Others are blessings that reveal my presence:  sunshine, flowers, birds, friendships, answered prayers.  Search for deep treasure through the day.  You will find me along the way.  Col 2:2-3; Isaiah 33:6.  Sadly I have another friend who is facing a medical crisis and I sent this to her early this morning.  

We are all "In His Grip",
xoxo 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I know so many people in medical crisis right now. And then he devastation in MO has just about consume my day...and looks like yall have bad weather tomorrow and maybe even us too....and the poor people that have already been hit may get it again...One of my closest friends Dad will probably die in the next hour....and she has not left the hospital room in three days....for anything...Life is hard...I pray for your man everyday...I so wish you, Kat and I could all meet up sometime...She has been my dearest blogging friend for 2 years....