Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Last Minute


It is not Friday yet. I have a little more than an hour before this day is over. I have been packing for Tulsa.  If you are like me, you feel like you have to clean house before you leave too...sorta.  Today was a good day.  Pat had an appointment with a potential customer at 9:00 AM and ended up leaving with a sale of 18 windows, so he had an excellent morning!  Pat's mom, sister and brother came over this afternoon and hung out with us and family time is the best.  Also, my friend, Laura, came in from Mississippi and I was delighted to see her.  I love those joys, which I have had a lot of this week.  Tomorrow we leave out here bright and early for Tulsa and plan to be back Saturday morning.  Saturday afternoon, Garrett has his first basketball scrimmage, so we will be hurrying back for that.  I cannot wait until basketball season starts, November 15th.  It was funny to me today when Pat asked me why everyone was sending him messages that said woot woot!  I said, "I guessed you didn't read my journal entry yesterday uh?"  Bahaha!  Just love my man!  I am so proud of Pat because he does what he supposed to do to stay healthy by eating and drinking lots of water.  He has been diligent in not eating sugar (and so have I).   Drinking water or any kind of liquids is a huge challenge to him due to his small stomach from his surgery in 2008.  We should  appreciate the fact that most of us can eat and drink all that we want and at the same time.  My friend, Shelly, sent me this text just a few minutes ago that I wanted to share.  John 14:27  "I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart.  And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.  So don't be troubled or afraid". (new living translation).  I have mentioned here in the journal about this amazing peace that I feel and sometimes topped with joy.  It is a peace that cannot be described and I thank God each day for His gift of peace...just one of His many that we receive each day. Those of you who are praying for peace with no fear, please continue.  Your prayers cover me and my family just like a soft blanket.  Well, better go for now.  Pat and I are sharing one suitcase tomorrow and that makes me want to laugh out loud too!!!  I love you!  


Paige
xoxo  

No comments: