Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Go Rangers Again!

Hello!  Now the Rangers really have to step it up!  Today was a pretty good day.  Pat and I both worked this morning.  It really felt good for both of us to have somewhat of a normal day.  I just soaked up the hugs and smiles this morning when I went to work.  What an amazing group of people!  Love you guys!  I know that Laura and John and the rest of the team at Clear Choice was glad to see Pat in the office too!  Laura says it just doesn't feel right without him there...especially because he gives her such a hard time.  Hats off and a huge congrats to Clear Choice for the amazing job and window sales for the month of October!  Our family is so thankful for you guys who are faithful to manage Clear Choice's day to day operation.  As most of you know I have been involved in our church's benevolent ministry called Promises Ministry.  Promises provides food, clothing, counseling and financial assistant to those who are in need.  Each year our church invites every family that has been to Promises to annual Christmas party.  Dinner consists of turkey and dressing plus all of the trimmings along with gifts for each children.  Also the families go home with a large food box for Christmas dinner and leave after hearing about the love of Jesus and the real meaning of Christmas.  Last year we had over 500 people attend.  I have had the privilege as Event Coordinator for the past six years.  This year I passed the baton to my sweet friends, Alison and Katie.  I was able to pop in and visit with them today in the office as they were preparing to mail 750 invitations today.  I love this ministry and love how our church members come together to volunteer to make each and everyone of our guests feel so special.  Thank you girls for coordinating this event for me and all of you faithful volunteers who have returned year after year to serve.  We all are the ones that receive the blessing!   I was texting my friend, Lori, the other day and she had a good word that I want to share with you. One of her best friends died of cancer and this is Lori's quote: "I asked why is it not me or why is this happening?  But she said her friend never got bitter.  She just wanted people to treat her with compassion and not avoid her. She always said that was the worst thing to do.  It is better to say something wrong than not at all.  Lessons from her are still heavy on my heart."   She is right.  Word do not even have to be spoken as your presence says it all. 

Go Rangers!
Paige
xoxo  

No comments: