Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

My Husband Rocks


Hello!  Hope you had a good Monday!  Pat and I both went to work for the morning.  I loved seeing everyone today at the church and feel all of the hustle and bustle of Christmas.  FBC is a busy place. Did I tell you that the Promises Community Christmas dinner are expecting 700 plus guests this year!  Whew!  We had 525 last year. The program is so big that they are going to divide our guests into two groups.  One group will begin with the meal and the second group will begin with the Christmas program.  I miss being a part of this wonderful ministry, but I am so thankful for Katie and Alison who stepped up to take on this major event. You girls are doing awesome and it will be better than ever!  May I take this time and ask you my FBC friends to volunteer now if you haven't done so.  Many more hands are needed this year.

How fortunate our community is to have a ministry such as this.  It has been a hard year for many families and the Promises Ministry services provide help to those families that need a hand up.  It takes many volunteers to make this program happen.  

Pat has not felt very good this afternoon.  He has had the chills and has pain in his back and a bit in his bones. I know that he is prayed for by many of you and it is an amazing feeling to know that you are interceding on his behalf.

Garrett and I just returned from the store to buy him some dress slacks, shirt and tie.  The basketball team has to dress nice tomorrow at school and Garrett will be looking sharp.  I loved watching Pat tie G's tie for him tonight!  Go Spartan...home game tomorrow night.

Oh I can't wait until tomorrow when I get to wear my new t-shirt that my life group girls gave me!  Want to know what it says on the front?   "My Husband Rocks"!  Yep, I will be wearing that t-shirt out as he is My rock and so proud to be his!

Hugs!
Paige
xoxo

If you're not daring to believe God for the impossible, you're sleeping through some of the best parts of your Christian life. ~Steven Furtick  

No comments: