Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pat's Post Time

Howdy! Ya, it's me...... She has finally got me to write. I gotta tell ya though, it's hard to do. I have to be focused in the evening, when in the evening my mind is mush! I don't know how she does it every night. Oh, wait a minute! Yes I do! I am married to the most remarkable woman in the world! She can do anything! I got to be honest though. When I married her in 1984, I had no ideal what I was in for. I not only have 3 of the greatest kids but more importantly she introduced me to my Lord and Savior. I owe her everything. She has loved me through some of the best days and some of the worst days. I did not deserve her then and I do not deserve her now. She is my best friend and I love her with all my heart. In 2008, when I was battling my first bout with cancer, I had to spend 2 weeks in the hospital. When I closed my eyes to go to sleep, she was the last thing I saw and when I woke up, she was the first thing I saw. It was for the entire two weeks, she never left my side. This thing we are going through now, there have been days when I am miserable and very agitated. She's always there for me. I have expressed that due to financial reasons, she may not be able to go to Tulsa with me when I go for treatment every time. Well, you can imagine the response. I can tell you, other than Christ, I never knew you could love someone more than the day before but you can. Paige, I love you and cannot imagine my life without you. Thank you for tolerating me........ I'm sorry for the length of this but I've had nothing to say until now.........As for my L D Bell classmates, it so good to hear from you. You all mean so much and I do hope we can have another get together soon. Phil, thank you for the 8th grade basketball DVD. Great memories! I do hope there are more. I did hear from my favorite basketball coach a couple of weeks ago. Rolf Kuhlow, who lives in Louisiana. I always thought he was related to all time great coach John Wooden from UCLA. Great hearing from him and I hope to see him soon.......It's always good to hear from my friends from Kinro, where I worked for so long. We were all a part of building a very good company for so long. It's sad to see what we worked so hard to build, to see it all go away. I miss you guys very much......I also want to take this opportunity to tell everyone how thankful we are for your love and prayers. It's very humbling to me, to know so many care for us.......Thanks to my extended family in Hico for all that you do for us. A big thanks to Brian and Lecia. They would give you the shirt off their back. We love you guys! ............EY and LaNette, your cards and phone calls mean so much! We love you........To our life group, you were the first at the hospital, almost the minute I was diagnosed. We love you guys! My favorite two pictures are one, with us in a circle praying in my hospital room, and the other is all of us in my front yard. You guys are the best and I'm enjoying doing life with you...... Again, I'm sorry for the length..........(just about done) Let me also take this opportunity to remind my kids how proud we are of them. You continue to be very tolerant of me. You continue to do outstanding in school! My favorite daughter graduated from UNT! Kids even when the cards were dealt, your faith never wavered. WE ARE SO PROUD! Every day I wake up, I'm so thankful that I have a Father that loves me, no matter what! Kids, my love for you compares to the love Christ has for all of us. His love does not discriminate and is constant..........In closing to all this rambling, I would like to say thanks to all of you and God bless to all of you. I am so thankful for you in our lives and I do pray your lives are as fulfilling as mine. I thank God every day. As for me my days are sometimes good and sometimes bad, but mostly good. I have felt really good since Sunday and then all of a sudden today my back started hurting so I came home and soaked in the tub filled with epson salt. So each day is a different day. One thing I think about often is that there are so many people that are inflicted with this disease and that is pretty overwhelming when you think about how many. Cancer does not descriminate. I appreciate the prayers, but there are so many other folks who are suffering and need your prayers also. We need a cure. I know that Paige gave you an update on a bill that we are encouraging our congressmen to support, Pancreatic Cancer Research and Education Act, which was introduced Wednesday in the House of Representatives and the Senate. Thank you to those who have taken the time to write. This disease needs a higher priority.

Until next time,
Pat
Ephesians 3:20-21
Photobucket

No comments: