Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

TGIF

TGIF!  It doesn't feel like Friday since we have had this crazy weather, but did you see the forecast for next week?  70's!  Even this weekend will be nice.  

Pat and I got a treat today as we were able to eat lunch with my daddy-o!  Pat needed to measure some windows in Madill, so we were able to eat lunch at the new, hopping Deep South restaurant. Brenda, great place to eat.  I have known Brenda, the new owner, since I was a kid.   It was a very quick trip, but we got to see Michele, Tiffany and Nacona for a few minutes.  We were back home by 3:00.  I believe you could say that Pat and I are tearing up I-35 lately!

Pat feels better today, but energy level a little on the low side.  We are hanging out tonight and waiting on my mom to get here. Bless her heart, she has been on the north side of Fort Worth trying to get here and has been stuck in traffic for 45 minutes.   She is here for a day or two and will watch Garrett play basketball game tomorrow in Saginaw as well as go to Hico with us.

It will be nice to get out tomorrow and play with the cows!  It has been a while since we have been to Hico and I am so thankful for the warmer weather tomorrow as I do not like the cold.  

Which reminds me.  I didn't walk up hill in the snow to school everyday, but when this girl was growing up, she did her chores in the cold.  Kelly and I were very active in 4-H growing up.  We showed horses, cattle and pigs and since the livestock show was in March, it called for us to do all of those chores to get those animals ready in the cold weather.    I remember that it took me ten minutes to get my coveralls on and put on my gloves and boots. My Mom and Dad believed hard work was good for a kid and I do have them to thank for teaching me how to work and be responsible at such a young age.  However, when I go home to visit now, I just cringe if Mom or Dad ask me to feed!

This weekend, we are planning on celebrating Elizabeth and Matt's birthday since we were not home last weekend.  So, it is going to be a busy one!

Hope you have a great weekend!
Hugs!
Paige
xoxo
Photobucket

No comments: