Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

We Will Miss You Shirley

Hello!  Hope you have had a good day today.  Pat has had back pain again today.  Sometimes it just starts hurting.  He tries to find relief through his baths or his heating pad.  He went to bed early tonight, so my prayer is that he will feel better tomorrow.

Today the Easterlings lost another sweet friend, Shirley Bristow, to breast cancer.  When Elizabeth and Matthew were little they attended the SonShine Patch Learning Center at Retta Baptist Church.  I believe that Elizabeth was one-year-old when she started attending.  Shirley was her teacher for a couple of years then Matt came along.   What I loved about Shirley was her beautiful smile.  Each day she warmly greeted my kids with her big hugs.  She assured this young mother that it was okay to go on to work and that they would be in perfect hands.  I will be forever grateful for Shirley in helping us raise our little guys when they were young.    I remember many times when I was out of town, Pat would take Elizabeth's rubber band and hair ribbon to school so Miss Shirley could put her thick, curly hair in a ponytail.   Shirley loved each child at the SonShine Patch just as if they were her own.  She had an incredible gift of working with children and making them feel special.

Shirley loved her two girls, Jamie and Laura, and they hung out with her at the center.  Lee, Jamie and Laura, Shirley was so special to our family and we loved her very much.  I pray that you feel God's peace and His presence in the days to come. 

Shirley's short life and this horrible disease reminds me again today that life is precious.  Just this morning while reading my 365 day Bible, February 22nd read as follows: 

"Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.  Remind me that my days are numbered--how fleeting my life is.  You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.  My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath."  Psalm 39 4-5.

Please pray for Bristow family tonight.

Thankfully,
Paige
xoxo

Photobucket

No comments: