Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

We Made It

xoxo

"Prayers for Pat", 12 Noon, Saturday, February 5th
Photobucket
Whew!  We made it to Tulsa!  We left Burleson at 10:15 and arrived at 4:45.  We went I-35 to Oklahoma City and then over to Tulsa.  The roads were okay between Fort Worth and the Red River, but it was quite treacherous between Ardmore and Norman.  Fortunately, Pat's truck is four-wheel drive and he didn't ask me to drive!  At times I just played Words with Friends on my phone because I just couldn't look!

When we started off on our road trip I started seeing cars on the side of the road and I said "let's count cars".  He didn't like that idea, but I did actually count about 40.  There were a few that were upside down.  Scary!

Now we are in our hotel room watching the snow fall in "touristy Tulsa" Pat calls it!  Ha!  I have told you before that there are guest rooms at the center, but they also will put us up in the Holiday Inn across the street for the same price of $45.  The guest rooms in the center are so convenient when you have a lot of appointments or Pat is sick, but this is much more comfortable in the king suite at the hotel.  So, since we are going to be here for a few days, we asked to stay over here.  If the weather cooperates, we may drive back to Oklahoma City to stay with my sister, Kelly, since we do not have to be back in Tulsa until 10 AM Monday morning. 

Thank you for your sweet notes and texts telling us that you are praying for us. Tomorrow at noon Pat will have his scan.  I love the thought of all of us praying and lifting Pat's name in one accord tomorrow. 

Today's February 4th devotional reading was just perfect for me.  "Bring your weakness and receive my peace.  Accept yourself and your circumstances just as they are, remember that I am sovereign over everything. Do not wear yourself out analyzing and planning. Instead, let thankfulness and trust be your guides through this day; they will keep you close to me"....from Jesus Calling.

I know that God knows everything about me, and reading that devotional shows me he reads my mail too.  I try to analyze this cancer and plan every possible circumstance that can come from it. Gosh,  I am a planner by nature.  But, He reminds me over and over to just trust and live each moment with Him...He is walking alongside of me. 

Thankfulness is not hard for me.  I find myself saying constantly "I have so much to be thankful for, Lord".  I actually have an ongoing list in the back of my journal that I add to each day and when those tough days come around, I just read and feel loved.

Pat, the kids and I are so thankful for you.  We have never felt so much love and support as we do now. 

The picture attached is Elizabeth and Jessica having fun yesterday on her birthday!  Love you girls!

Pat says hello to everyone.  We pray you are safe and warm!  I will be reporting from Touristy Tulsa tomorrow!

Hugs!
Paige & Pat

No comments: