Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Basketball Again!

How was your Monday?  Mine was much better than Pat's.  I wish I could trade places with him.  These side effects from the ablasion are brutal and he just told me that he needs a good day tomorrow!  That is what I will pray for.

I worked today as I am now back to work in the office, but I have cut my hours to Monday through Thursday.  It is a busy job and one that I love.  As you have heard me say before, the staff at FBC are the best!

Following work I was able to go to Keeno and since I have missed the past three months, it was nice to see all of my girlfriends.  I was on a roll tonight and won five times!  Thank you for hosting, Angie!

Tomorrow we get to enjoy basketball again.  Matt and Garrett have been playing on the men's basketball church league on Tuesday nights and now Garrett is playing spring league with the high school on Tuesdays and will play this weekend in a tournament in West.  I am ready! 

Matt texted me this afternoon.  "Hey Mom, I got a God hug today!  I will call you after work."  I love the fact that he recognizes them.  He said one of his favorite elderly women drove through the drive through window at the bank.  As she was finishing her transaction she quietly quoted a scripture for Matt.  She drove away and he said it just stayed with him the rest of the day and when I talked to him after 6 tonight I could tell he was still smiling. 

I close tonight with the devotion I read this morning.  "Begin the day with open hands of faith, ready to receive all that I am pouring into this brief portion of your life. Be careful not to complain about anything, even the weather, since I am the author of your circumstances.  The best way to handle unwanted situations is to thank me for them.  The act of faith frees you from resentment and frees Me to work My ways into the situation, so that good emerges from it."

Good night! Sleep tight!
xoxoPhotobucket

No comments: