Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter from the Easterlings!

Happy Easter! 

Easter is all about Jesus, but the "Easter"ling bunny did remember to come this morning.  He is not very consistent on his visits for some reason.

As we were all getting ready for church this morning, I was remembering those Easter Sunday mornings in the past when the kids were little.  Most of the time there was a good argument with the clothes that I bought them the day or two before. There was definitely a fit or two  because they didn't like what I chose for them to wear and of course the children's clothes had to match!  Then there were the mornings that you bought short sleeve spring clothes and you wake up to winter weather!   I couldn't help but wonder how many kids threw a good fit this morning because they didn't like their clothes!

My kids have been so good to help out or think ahead about what needs to be done around the house.  Pat had gotten a load of dirt yesterday and Matt and Garrett helped their dad out by spreading it for a few hours. Dinner tonight was Combs lasagna (named after my sweet friend, Yolanda) and salad for dinner. 

Keep Pat in your prayers tonight.  He is really feeling the effects of the chemo and his body aches are extreme.  I am thankful he felt like going to church, but that is about all of the energy he has today.

As you know it is the end of April and that means May is coming.  I am reminded after talking to my sister how busy and stressful the month of May is when you have a senior graduating.  I remember that like yesterday.  I don't have a senior this year, but my calendar is getting full.  Just Friday night I was worrying about some dates that are conflicting in May and then I open my Jesus Calling Devotional and this is what I read:  "Walk with me in holy trust, responding to My initiatives rather than trying to make things fit your plans.  I died to set you free, and that includes from compulsive planning. When your mind spins with a multitude of thoughts, you cannot hear my voice.  A mind preoccupied with planning pays homage to the idol of control."  Then I read today on the 24th even more on planning.  "Your fear often manifests itself in excessive planning."  Okay, Jesus, I hear ya....I need to quit worrying and trying to be a control freak.  What clear instruction!   Well, as I start a Monday tomorrow, I want to be mindful of that as a new to-do list begins.

Another Easter is almost gone, but we are reminded what this precious holiday is all about... Jesus' death on the cross because of His love and sacrifice for us. All of His pain and suffering were for you and me!

Have a great week!
Paige
xoxo

 
Photobucket

No comments: