Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Go Mavs!

It is half time for the Mavs and they are up one!  Go Mavs!

It was a good Monday.  Pat felt so much better and he is staying busy with America's Best Choice (remember, we changed our business name). Now that we have changed dealerships, we now have Dallas exclusively, so needless to say there is more area to cover.  Pat and I are both happy about the change and we can't wait to see what God has in store for ABC!

It is TAKS week at school.  Only thing that really requires of me is to make sure Garrett gets a good breakfast.  Well, I do that usually anyway, but I feel obligated to cook the "big" breakfast! You know, with eggs, bacon and biscuits.  Seriously, those tests are stressful for the students and the teachers. 

Today I was thinking about my day and what it held. I walk into my office this morning and the flowers that Matt and Missy gave me for my birthday have bloomed from their small buds. My day was simple at work as I didn't have any deadlines to meet in quite awhile. My heart skipped a beat when I got a text from Pat and he ended his message with "I love you."  The simple fact that there was leftover lasagna in the fridge and I didn't have to cook tonight made me sigh with relief.  Oh, and the Mav game tonight!  I am learning to appreciate and love each day.  Each day holds some valuable gifts. Usually the smaller the sweeter.    

While watching the Mav game, I am surfing and I go to Priscilla Shirer's blog and I read "In any and all circumstances, I have learned the secret of being content..." Phil 4:12.  The scripture put my thoughts into words...I have learned to be content.  It hasn't been easy, but this journey has made me appreciate what is really important and God has shown me what it is to have joy.  You would laugh at me if I listed the things in my life that bring me joy.   There is nothing like it!

Well, now it is the third quarter and the Mavs are up by 9.  I am going to finish watching the game (although Pat keeps asking me what the score is because he knows I am not "really" watching it) and maybe I will yell at the TV like Garrett and Pat are doing!

Goodnight!
xoxo
Photobucket

No comments: