Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Praising Him on the Mountain Top!

What a great Sunday!  It was just a sweet day all of the way round!  When went to church this morning, and then we did some  cleaning and we ended the evening with Life Group.

It is a major "ta-da" in our huge cleaning project .  We got the pantry cleaned!  It is a joke now amongst my friends when I talk about my pantry, but now no more talking...it is done.  Pat helped me and he just took charge.  When I got in the car today after church to come home he said "Well, are you ready?".  I said,  "Yes, but are we talking about the pantry?"  He then said, "Well I hope I won't be too dominating".  I just smiled and said "Go for it, honey!" 

Pat felt pretty good yesterday and most of the day.  I think the ablation side effects were kicking in as we left life group tonight as his whole body was hurting.

I am so thankful that Pat felt like going to church today!  Let me tell you that this is one service I am glad I did not miss as God's presence was felt this morning.  The music and the message about the Holy Spirit will a memorable one for me.

Many mornings in the past few months when I go to church it is just hard for me emotionally as my heart is heavy and the tears just flow.   I love to go to church to worship, sing and hear His word, but some mornings I am there because I just need Jesus and I just desire be in His presence. This is the valley.  The valley is when you are depending solely upon God to carry you and you ask Him to help you get through each day one moment at a time.

Oh, but when I am on the mountain top it is an amazing high.  It is exhilarating and humbling at the same time.  Now, I want God to know that I give Him all of the glory.  I am thankful.  Yes, I am on the mountain top after the good report we got in Tulsa last week. I would love to remain here.

In One in a Million, Priscilla Shirer talks about the wilderness.  "God puts His people in situations where they could know Him by experience, where they could witness the range of His power in the context of His faithfulness.  Part of the reason the wilderness makes spiritual sense is because it enables us to know Him more intimately than we would if left to our own desires and devices."

My ultimate desire is to have an intimate relationship with my Heavenly Father.  "His the one whose purpose in drawing me is to give me the opportunity to know---really know--this One who made me, wants me, and loves me." (Shirer)  Job 42:5 says  "My ears had heard of you, but now my eyes have seen you."  Yes, I have truly seen Him.

It is a Monday tomorrow and I hope it is a good one!  Lord, we do need the rain though, so please rain down on us those refreshing water drops, but also your Holy presence in each of us.

Sweet dreams!
xoxo
Photobucket

No comments: