Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Trust Him

It is Sunday night and we are hanging out on the couch.  We didn't get to go to Life Group tonight because Pat was in pain.  He is feeling better now. 

We got up this morning leisurely, which was so nice. It was beautiful weather today in Hico.  Oh were those mama cows bellowing this morning because they were separated from their babies!

When I got home I transplanted the purple iris that I found on the side of the road yesterday.  I have attached a picture, but it is a deeper purple than what the picture shows.  I am so excited to have them in my flower beds.

It is going to be a short week for Pat and I here in Burleson.  Tuesday evening we fly to Tulsa and will be gone until Saturday. We have our usual appointments and two other tests.  On Wednesday he will have a bone scan and Thursday he will have a procedure called Microwave Ablation. (MWA) is a treatment that delivers electrical energy similar to microwaves to your tumor, destroying the cancerous cells.  Cancer cells are vulnerable to heat.  With MWA, microwaves agitate water molecules in the tissue producing friction and heat to destroy the cancer cells.  An Interventional Radiologist inserts a special probe into the tumor that allows the heat from the electromagnetic microwaves to pinpoint the cancer cells.  Following the procedure he will be hospitalized for observation for 23 hours. 

A new procedure such as this gives us hope, although scary.  I asked that you begin praying for Pat to have peace and that the tumors will respond to the MWA.

This morning I didn't have my Jesus Calling devotional, but I was fortunate to have it on my Iphone because I have it on DVD!  This is what I heard:  In Me you have everything.  In Me you are complete.  Your capacity to experience Me is increasing, through My removal of debris add clutter from your heart.  As your yearning for Me increases, other desires are gradually lessening. Since I am infinite and abundantly accessible to you, desiring Me above all else is the best way to live. 

When I heard "as your yearning for Me increases, other desires are gradually lessening."  This caused my head to nod a yes.  I have specifically experienced this in my life, particularly in the last two years.  It hasn't been easy by any means and I would have not chosen the path it took me to realize this.  All through the Bible, we are told that there will be pains and trials.  Just a thought of another trial around the corner makes me cringe, but Jesus is faithful and He is all I desire.  I wish I could tell you in words what it is to be His and to know that He loves me and that He goes before me.  Looking back at each and every trial of my life, He has never let me down....never. If only I could have trust Him more. Now, I desire less in the way of things and now even my dreams are....simple.  Pat and I are dreamers and have been since the day we were married.  We plan this and then we plan that.  What if we do this, then we can do that, etc.  Now, my most cherished dream is to be with Pat for many years to come and for my kids to grow to to love the Lord and trust Him as they live their lives. 

I pray the same prayer for you...to love the Lord and trust Him!  Hope your Monday is a good one!  We thank God for you!
Paige
xoxoPhotobucket

4 comments:

Carol S. said...

Pat I am praying for you tonight that your simple dreams of not things, but time with your family and the Love of God be with you and yours.

Brittany said...

Your wisdom is incredible! I feel inspired by reading a small part of your thoughts this morning! Thank you for sharing!


You have a beautiful family!!!!

Theresa said...

You are a beautiful testimony of God's love. I am so glad to have found your blog through the blog party. I am your newest follower. Praying for yoru husband, Pat.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Praying for your trip, the test, the tumor.Glad you have Jesus Calling on your journey. I love that devotional.

Fondly,
Glenda