Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Think About it

Did you know that it is Administrative Professionals Day?  The staff at my office did and are so good in rewarding and showing their appreciation!  Today we were surprised with a a reception and a send off.  Tomorrow after work, all of the support staff at my church will be driving to an R & R overnight retreat and get the day off on Friday.  That is such an awesome gift of pampering and time away.  It will be fun!

I wanted to share with you the devotional from Purpose Driven Life that I read this morning: A lot of people are afraid to trust Jesus with their lives because they think that means he will narrow it. He’ll cramp their style and make their life smaller with a lot of rules and restrictions. When Christ comes into your life, the exact opposite happens. Instead of making your life more religious, he makes it more alive. He makes you more fully human and able to experience the life you were meant to live. He expands your horizons and gives you the ability to see things you’ve never seen before. You may be living a good life now, but God wants to offer you a better life. The Bible says, “He brings me out into a spacious place; he rescues me because he delights in me!” (Psalm 18:19). God expands the possibilities on your life because he delights in you. He doesn’t just love you; he finds joy in you!

It is so true!  God makes my life so alive and He constantly reveals more of Himself as I seek Him.  Have you thought that before?  If you accept Jesus as your Savior, life won't be any fun?  It is just the opposite.  I will never comprehend how much he loves me and the only way I can wrap my brain around that is by comparing His love for me to the love I have for my children.  Isn't that hard to believe?  He loves my kids more than I do. Wow!

When I am chatting with my friends there is one thing that I want them to know.  Life is precious and it can change in a split second. My heart is heavy this week along with a lot of others here in my home town.  An acquaintance of mine lost her husband Friday night in a motorcycle accident and he was killed instantly.  He had just left their place of business, had dinner with his wife and took off on his bike to go to the car races.  In just a matter of few minutes he was gone.   Today as I was leaving for work, one of my dearest friend's son-in-law had seizures the first of the week, hospitalized, in a coma and they were told this afternoon there is no brain activity.  He hasn't even been married a year to her daughter.  Heartbreaking. 

No one thinks it will happen to them.  We all dream, hope and plan to....grow happily ever after, hold those grandkids, marry--just fill in the blank with your dreams. 

He got my attention. I get it.  I was telling my niece today that I am stingy now with my time and how I spend it.  I also say I love you every chance I get.

Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone.  James 4:13-14

Please pray for these two families who are hurting.  God knows their names.

Thankful,
xoxo
Photobucket

No comments: