Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Wow!  My heart is so full because of all of my birthday wishes today. It has been a amazing and one of the sweetest days I will always remember.  This girl loves her birthday and this year was extra special. It it takes a journey to remind us what one year can deliver and what it can hold. Life is precious when you have friends and family like I have. I loved every text, email, pies, phone calls, facebook messages, sweet notes, brownies, froggies, lunch, cards, gifts, strawberry cake, and God hugs that I received all day.  Thank you so much for making me feel so special! At the end of the evening all five of us were together and that is a perfect ending of a perfect day!  Pat and the kids always make my birthdays special!  I love you guys! (did you notice the desserts I listed above that were served to me today....yum!)

Tomorrow afternoon Pat and I take the train to Oklahoma City and then on to Tulsa Thursday.  Sweet sis is picking us up and loaning us her car for the day on Thursday!  Michele reminded me tonight that it will be a "slow ride" on the train and I am looking forward to just sitting back and going on a new adventure! Michele, the song "Slow Ride" is playing in my head and I am sure it will be present when I board tomorrow night!

Elizabeth made it home safely from California!  So glad she had such a good time.  Matt and Loco came in tonight for his basketball game, so I was able to see him.  Garrett had two spring league games at the school and Pat had an appointment tonight! Pat had another good day and is good and exhausted at bedtime.

Elizabeth introduced me to a song that has been my favorite in the past month or so. Want to share it.  I have been wearing it out listening to it in my car each day.   Read the lyrics sung by Shawn McDonald.   

Take my hand to the promise land
And on You I want to stand
‘Cause I cannot do it all on my own
You're what I need and I need to be
Right by Your side ‘cause I cannot hide
Lord, I know that I need You
Na na na na na na na na na, I need You
Na na na na na na na na na
Without You I'm so alone
I am weak but You are strong
You pick me up when I'm falling down
And I am crying
Out to You inside of my heart
I need You, Lord, oh so, for the part
I want You to have my life, Jesus
I fall to my knees
And I'm begging You, please, oh, Lord
Won't You change me
Make me new from the inside out
I want to shout out Your name,

click here  to hear the song

Smilin big!
xoxoPhotobucket

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday. You have the same birthday as my Dad. I am cooking dinner for him tonight to celebrate :)