Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

The Ultimate Blog Party



Welcome to Petals by Paige and the Ultimate Blog Party!  This is my first year to participate and I am excited about meeting new blogger friends and visiting their blogs!  If you haven’t heard about it yet, The Ultimate Blog Party is hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom. It is a great opportunity to visit new blogs, make new friends, and win some wonderful prizes.

I am so glad that you stopped by.  Blogging has been an important part of my life for many years.  In 2007 I created this blog just for fun and it took me over 18 hours to get it where it was readable and presentable!  Little did I know that this blog would lead me to be a website owner, web designer and now webmaster for my church.  This blog first began as a hobby, and somewhat of a teaching tool, but it is now my haven.  It is now where I share our second journey of cancer. After surviving esophageal cancer in 2008, my husband, Pat, was diagnosed in October 2010 of stage IV pancreatic cancer.  We are in the fight of our life, but held firmly in His Grip. 

I am a Texas born, Oklahoma-raised gal who married the love of her life and moved back to Texas. Pat and I have been married 26 years and have three beautiful children that we  adore. In my spare time, I love creating silk and dried floral arrangements and five years ago turned my passion into a part-time business called Petals by Paige.

The best part of blogging is the friendships and the camaraderie.  Many of my dearest friends have been met here.  They encourage me, pray for me and even send me texts.  Just today I got a card in the mail from a blogger friend, Teresa, who I barely know, telling us that she is praying for our family.  Blogger friends are faithful and love you from afar!  


So glad you stopped by and I hope we meet along the way.  Join the UBP and meet some new friends!  You will be glad you did!
Photobucket






26 comments:

Posh said...

I'm loving your pics :)
Stopping by from the UBP to say hello. Have a great weekend!
POSH
http://poshonabudget.com/2011/04/weekend-party-fun.html

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

hope you are having a good weekend....love the blog party....

Mel said...

Hi! Found you through the UBP and I am starting from the end of the list because I don't want anyone to be overlooked :) Glad to have found your sweet blog!

Blessings,
Mel
Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

Amy Sullivan said...

Clicked over from the Blog Party.

Beautiful family!

I agree with what you are saying about the friendships formed through blogging. I never thought I would become close with women I've met through the blogosphere, but slowly, I find that happening.

One of my best friends is an Oaklahoma girl.

Nice meeting you, Paige.

Unknown said...

Hello! I am stopping by the UBP! I love your pictures, so beautiful. I am your newest follower because your love for your husband and Christ is so encouraging. May you continue to feel His presence with you.
Blessings!

Cherie said...

Hi Paige, it is so nice to meet you. You have a beautiful family. I am so sorry you are battling cancer again. We've had our share of those battles as well in our family.

Looking forward to learning more about you!

Becky @ From Ministry to Motherhood said...

Hi Paige! Nice to meet you. :)

Just stopped by from the UBP. I pray your family finds healing and feels God's presence through this fight.

God bless! I look forward to discovering more about you.

Mimi N said...

Your family is beautiful and I'm so thankful that God is your Rock, especially when you're in the fight of your life with your husband. How amazing that God planned to use your blogging abilities for your church!

~Mimi #115

http://wovenbywords.blogspot.com/2011/03/2011-ultimate-blog-party.html

Tina Hollenbeck said...

Hi, Paige! I'm stopping by from the UBP - I'm #73 (Being Made New - http://tinahollenbeck.blogspot.com) on the Christian list. Very glad to get to know you a bit - I've lived in WI my whole life but am a TX girl at heart! - and would be honored if you could visit my blog this week. :^)

Alida Sharp said...

Just stopping by from the UBP and it is so great to meet you!

joy & blessings,
Alida

Heather @ CSAHM said...

Hello, I'm stopping by from the UBP. Your blog is great, and I love your business, it's such a unique idea! :)

Abbi said...

Hello from a fellow floral designer. I have fun running a wedding flower (fresh mostly) business from my home.

Kristen @ Hope Abound said...

Stopping by from UBP. Your family is beautiful. Can't wait to read more.

Mary said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! You have a beautiful family! I'm adding your husband and your family to my prayer list.

Christy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
God Bless

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I am really beginning to love my online community. It is pretty neat how God can use other believers across the globe to be a source of encouragement.
You have a gorgeous family and I look forward to reading more!

Kristi said...

Hi Paige, stopping by from UBP, thanks for checking out my blog too! I 'll be praying for you all this week. Blessings to you both-may His presence be felt strongly by you all.

Nikki said...

Your family is beautiful! Thanks for stopping by :)
You might want to pop back and enter my Easter giveaway :)

From The Heart Online said...

Hi Paige! Thanks for popping by my place. This is my second time with UBP - I hope you meet many fellow bloggers that become friends :)

Mitzi Eaker said...

Paige,
It was great to meet you through UBP11! Looking forward to being inspired through your blog. Precious family. I'm adding Pat and your family to my prayer list.

Unknown said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog (www.bittyblueberry.blogspot.com)! You have a lovely family! Glad we connected through UBP11! :-) Look forward to reading more about you!

Kendra

Jen said...

Hi Paige, thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the family photos you have on your sidebar. I am sorry to hear about your husband's second round of cancer battle. May the Lord surround you with true peace and His blessed assurance.
Looking forward to read your posts.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! The pictures are beautiful! New follower from blog hop. Would love for you to follow back :-)

http://fulloftipsmama.blogspot.com/

Christa @themeandminebook said...

You have a very beautiful family. I look forward to getting to know you better.
Christa

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Hi Paige,
Lovely to meet you through UBP. This is my first year and I am enjoying finding so many great blogs, like yours.

Fondly,
Glenda

Gg - Notes on the Journey
#269

PS. I am so sorry to read that your husbands cancer has come back.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
Your family photos are beautiful!
I'll keep your husband and your family in my prayers.

Jenn