Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

No Surprise to HIM

I have found that things come in surprises around here.  We have been surprised again. But, this is no surprise to God.  He is the controller of all things.  He has assigned everything and all things go through his Hands.  That comforts me.  It is Monday morning and our life changed again this weekend.  Remember when I talked about change a few posts ago?  Pat has been sick a little over two weeks now.  I took him to the ER on Saturday because he was so jaundiced.  He actually went to the doctor on Friday and his doctor was alarmed because Pat was so dehydrated and really got onto him for not drinking enough water.  He felt that Pat maybe facing kidney damage.  The doctor also said he was a diabetic, but borderline. They ran some blood tests in the office.  More tests were run Saturday and after a CAT scan, more blood work and sonogram, it looks like we could be facing liver cancer.  His enzymes are extremely high and of course the jaundice.   We were released from the ER Saturday night and got home around 11:00 PM.  We will start the doctor calling process tomorrow, Monday.  If you have been one of my blogger friends or you have lived life with us, you know we have been here before.  Pat survived esophageal cancer in 2008.  You can read about it by clicking here.  I couldn't sleep so I woke up to read.  In my 365 day Bible, I opened it to October 3 and here is what God spoke to me through his Word: "Get up and prepare for action.  Go out and tell them everything I tell you to say.  Do not be afraid of them, or I will make you look foolish in front of them.  For see, today I have made you strong like a fortified city that cannot be captured, like an iron pillar or a bronze wall.  You will stand against the whole land--the kings, officials, priests and people of Judah.  They will fight for you, but they will fail.  For I am with you and I will take care of you; I the Lord have spoken." Jeremiah 1:17. In the new testament, God had this word for me:  Philippians chapter 4. What better chapter could he have had on this particular date.  Verse 4 says "Always be full of joy in the Lord.  I say it again..rejoice!"  Verse 6: "Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God's peace which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."   Verse 9:  "Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me--everything you heard from me and saw me doing.  Then the God of peace will be with you.  Finally, vs 19:  And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus."  Oh how He is so intimate with me and has shown his presence!  What I hear my heavenly Father say to me is he has made me strong and I am to trust Him.  "Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me" means I have prepared you for this, Paige.  Now take what you know about me, which his faithfulness, goodness and love and "everything you heard from me and saw me doing" means we have been here before.  Trust me.  We have hope today.  We have petitioned God to allow this to be a complete mistake.

Tomorrow Pat has  ERCP to see if there is a blockage in the liver  or cancer and blockage is what we are praying   So, we ask for prayer tomorrow at 12 noon.   We are asking for another miracle.  xoxo

1 comment:

Justabeachkat said...

Thinking of you and praying for you and Pat and the kids.

Hugs,
Kat